My hair grows and eventually I get all scruffy and I am forced to get a haircut.
Haircuts are expensive and require appointments and time. I cut my hair myself every few months. Here's my procedure so you can do it too.
- Acquire scissors. Sharp ones if possible. I've used safety scissors before and scissors meant to cut clothes off someone who has been in a wreck. Those scissors are great. They are serated.
- Lay down a sheet of newspaper. This helps with clean up.
- Cut your hair. I personally just grab some, pull it out from my head and snip it leaving it about 1-2 inches long. Repeat!
- Trim. I have a beard trimmer that was like $10 and I use it to clean up the back of my neck and tidy up the chops. It's a bit of a trick doing this without eyes on the back of your head, but you get the hang of it and it grows out if you screw it up. Note: I once got help on this part and got a reverse mohawk and had to start from scratch by shaving my head.
- Throw the hair away and take a shower.
That's it! Go forth and cut your own hair and be free of the cost of having someone else do it for you!