2011 is going to be a year of sharing. Here are my predictions for 2011.
1. Life will continue to be interesting and I will continue to be very busy working on MakerBots and the community of more than 3000 MakerBot Operators will do something on a global scale. I'm not sure what, but I feel it coming.
2. Wikileaks is just the beginning of an immense amount of sharing. I predict there will be a lot more sharing of things that in a pre-internet world, couldn't have been shared.
3. Gold will continue to do well as the dollar declines and other currencies rise.
4. The internet infrastructure will go down for 2 days in 2011 and cause an immense amount of frustration and an emergance of local off grid networks and physical data storage will emerge. Also neighborhood networks will happen... finally!
5. I'll play the banjo more.
6. Someone will upload a digital design to Thingiverse that will have an impact on lives in places where there isn't a daily postal service. Not sure what, but got a feeling about this one too.