I'm Bre Pettis, CEO of MakerBot. We're leading the next industrial revolution to empower creative explorers to make anything. MakerBot is setting the standard in desktop 3D printing. We're changing the face of personal manufacturing and changing the way the world thinks about THINGS. I'm proud to have been a public school teacher. I started NYCResistor. I've made a lot of videos. I've been on the cover of WIRED and I play clawhammer banjo to relax.
You can find me on Twitter as @bre.
I speak at conferences, universities, and events around the world. Some of the events I've presented at:
- SXSWi, Austin (Opening Keynote)
- European Consumer Trend Conference, Zurich
- Kinnernet, Israel
- Gnomedex, Seattle
- OReilly Web2.0 Summit, SF
- Re:Publica, Berlin
- Brite10, Columbia University
- TTI Vanguard NextGen, Salt Lake City
- Chaos Communication Congress: Berlin
- Roboexotica, Austria
I'm represented by the Leigh Bureau. Give them a holler if you'd like me to speak at your event!
(photo by Joi Ito)